Friday, February 27, 2009

Prima Donna .... Not!

What happens when you ask a cf-fer to perform solo on a cheap-string violin with a pro-pianist? The performance with Weng Soon today.

After worship, the first thing I could think of when I stepped in front was: Okay, this is not about you. This is all for God's glory. This is to touch people's lives.

Then, I saw their fixed glares and my heart sank.

"Oh, wonderful!"

The new strings were squeaking under my shaky fingers. I was so scared I couldn't do vibrato well, nonetheless forget to shift.

At the end, Weng Soon was like, "It's okay lah!" and then Samuel so eager to look at my violin but I only allowed him to hold the rosin case. (Sorry, Samuel!) At least he didn't drop it.

Choir practice was a blast. The Form 1s should applaud themselves. They are such an enthusiastic bunch who are not in the least afraid to take part in co-curricular activities! Let's pray they stay that way until they leave school!

Calling all choir people out there, do come to the choir practice tomorrow - on time ... or else ....

5 comments:

Decky said...

Cf has a choir?
\

wengsoon said...

IT WAS OK!

Chow Xin said...

CF has a CHOIR. We exist are we performing for Easter in the school hall!

Shengki said...

Hey!! found ur blog XD!and ur violin performance was great!!don't worry so much =)

Chow Xin said...

Hey, I'm not worrying! I'm REFLECTING. Big difference. Go check dictionary! :))))))) !!!!