Sunday, January 18, 2009

5 Ways to Keep Your Room Clean

Hello readers!

I'm moving. Yes, I am. I'm leaving Chow Ern's room and settling down in the one across hers. Now, I have the study room to myself. I get to have an air-con, a tiny computer, a radio, and two whole bookshelves! Is this great or what? I always wanted a room, but I never expected God to really let it be possible.

Now, I get to play my violin (Sarah) and hopefully, my dad's guitar (when he gives me lessons) in perfect PEACE.

However, I told my mom that I wanted to clean my own room myself. This means sweeping it everyday and mopping it (not everyday too, I hope). This is so that I don't get too dependant on Kakak.

To make sure that my room stays spick and span, all by myself! I have 5 special strategies to have a clean room without much effort. And I'm going to share them all with you.

1. Don't dirty it if you don't like cleaning it. The easiest way to keep the space between your walls clear of dirt is to leave dirt out of it. If you should bring a soiled PJ T-shirt in, clean it first. As for the books, I put them all behind glass cabinets so they don't get dusty. The tiny uncovered bookcase has a curtain attached to it. (Thanks, mom!)

2. Keep a Neat nature. The Law of Order is the law of preventing things from "vanishing". I make sure my clothes are neatly folded always just by not tossing them into the wardrobe. That way, I don't have to rummage through anything. Same goes to my books - my hundreds of books.

3. Strategy of arrangement. Lay things on your table that you use frequently. If you're not sure of a particular item, store it away at a position where it is easy to retrieve. (Ex: Don't put your once-in-a-week-take-out KH project hidden behind your old primary school memoirs.)

4. Quality, not quantity. Get good furniture so they hold you and your things well. (And so that they stand up straight and not slant)

5. Go rubbish go. If there is anything unworthy to be kept in your precious space - get rid of it. Don't keep trash. It'll only make the room smaller.

Well, that's it. Now, I've got to go. Bye!!!!

No comments: