Sunday, January 4, 2009

BGR - Song of Songs Part 2

Alright, readers - second part of my topic:

Song of Songs 5: 2 - 3

Beloved

I slept but my heart was
awake.
Listen! My lover is knocking:
"Open to me, my sister, my
darling,
my dove, my flawless one.
My head is drenched with dew,
my hair with the dampness
of the night."
I have taken off my robe -
must I put it on again?
I have washed my feet -
must I soil them again?

Here, the guy is coming to see his girl in the dead of the night. During that time, the roads were literally soil and dirt, people out on them were covered with filth.

This girl had just cleaned herself and was halfway sleeping - and getting clean was a very, very tiring process, and the nightgown she wore was almost like being in her underwear nowadays. So, imagine if the guy she loved was outside, asking to come in, she didn't want to tempt both of them since they were not married.

So, she was making excuses, trying to give a hint that it wasn't right for (her) to let (him) see (her) like that.

Song of Songs 5:8

Beloved

O daughters of Jerusalem, I
charge you -
if you find my love,
what will you tell him?
Tell him I am faint with love.

God wants you to be proud of your relationship, if you have one. However, many teenagers, (and even preteens) try to hide it instead of letting others know, in fear of getting punished by their parents or "sabo" by their friends.

Here is where the concept of BGR steps in. Since God wants you to have nothing to hide about your relationship, it is always wise to think "Am I matured enough?", "Am I ready to handle this?" and most importantly "Is this God's will?"

You can take it all from the guy (Lover) and girl (Beloved) in Song of Songs. Here are the special characteristics of both of them:

The guy: - Head over heels for (her), pursues her, yet he knows his limits
- Knows (her) boundaries and accepts them.
- Praises her, even in front of his friends
- Thinks her as the only girl for him
- Waits for the right time in everything

The girl: - Loves the guy, and shows (him) respect
- Has firm boundaries and makes sure (he) knows them
- Praises him, even in front of her friends
- Saves her virginity for him, and also her heart
- Tells him that she prefers his love, rather then him having sex with her.

Here are just a few verses to close with:

Song of Songs 8: 4 "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires."

Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

and my favourite ....

1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the
greatest of these is love."

No comments: