Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wormy Attack in Prefects' Room

Today was a pretty awesome day at school, and most of the excitement began in the Bilik Lembaga Pengawas of SMK Taman S.E.A.

Do you know what are worms? You do? Good! Then, do you know what it feels like to be attacked by a worm? You don't? Well, then you have something in common with Yasmin.

After afternoon duty, all of us were in the prefect room taking out our books. Then, suddenly Yasmin starting screaming. I spun around to see a tiny black creature crawling on Yasmin's tudung! Yasmin was yelping away as the minuscule invertebrate danced on the white fabric. (Actually, it wasn't really small - it was at least two inches long)

Resulting from a brisk twirl, Yasmin succeeded in tossing the little pest off her head. Glancing in amusement, all of us erupted with guffaw at her reaction. Not laughing "at" her, of course, but "with" her! Danush conducted a climax by trampling on Yasmin's "attacker". It was simply grotesque to see the dark-coloured remains smearing the cement floor!

Poor Yasmin! I guess it wasn't surprising to give such great attention to a teeny weeny creature if it were yourself. I would have caused a greater sound pollution that than!

As I thought back on the incident that day, I realized that the "attacker" wasn't a worm, but possibly a four-legged vertebrate, most probably a black lizard. (Forgive me for telling you that, Yasmin! Yes, I'm REALLY sorry!) Since it was so tiny, it must have been a baby. The skeletons are not as tough as an adult's, so I guess the poor thing must have been squashed really flat under the soles of Danush's eager shoes! Look on the bright side, Yasmin - you have one less animal in the world to scare you again!

Alright, let's not talk about lizards! I'm getting blasts from my past phobia.

Another thing very exciting today was teaching Zhook-Yueng, my successor as the prefect board Treasurer, her new responsibilities. Sure enough, it wasn't as interesting as lizards on tudungs, but it was enjoyable to teach her all to do about money and reports, and how to improve from my mistakes made throughout the year. I hope she will be a good Exco. In fact, I think she will.

Ooh, yes, I have another fun thing to tell you! It's about our new keyboard. Chow Ern has always wanted one, and today, ta-da! Her wish has come true! Papa bought us this really "siok" keyboard for us - it cost RM1000, so Chow Ern better be grateful! Then, my two elder sisters (yes, the two people I look similar to) performed an informal march past with Chow Ping holding the back of the "stretcher" and Chow Ern the back. Careful with the casualty, monyets!

No comments: