Friday, October 24, 2008

And I Asked If God ...

"Don't you think that's wrong ...?" I asked.

"Just go back to Chow Xin world, lah!" Joon Wai teased. "You don't belong to planet Earth!"

"Yeah, then at your fairyland where everything is so good, so nice, with all the fairies coming out!" Jeshua giggled.

I laughed along with my prefect friends. I guess I do have a fairytale-world mindset. Don't know why they say it, but I think it's something good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, nowadays I'm starting to wonder where I stand in my relationship with Christ. I mean after the three years He found me, what have I achieved for Him so far?

Here are the things God has used me for:
1)My leadership positions in my later primary school years
2) Leader in Taman S.E.A.
3) Musician
4) Writer

Here are my precious promises to God:
1) I will love Him forever
2) If I should sin, I will repent
3) I will love others more than myself
4) I will not try to manipulate boys
- I will not dress immodestly
- I will not be flirtatious
- I will present myself as holy and pure before God
- If God has someone for me, I will be loyal to him

Here are God's precious promises to me (and you too!):
1) John 15:9-11
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."

Isn't that just awesome? God wants us to remain in His love! Just that one promise covers everything else he wants to tell us.

You know, this reminds me of a joke I know of. It really touched my heart:

A woman had done a really terrible thing - something grotesque before God. A month later, she realized her sin, repented and accepted Jesus into her heart.

Twenty years later, she looked back and wondered what was that terrible thing she had done. So, she prayed and said to God, "I have done this horrible thing twenty years ago. But, I've forgotten what it was. What was it, Lord?"

God replied in surprise, "I've forgotten it too."

Isn't He just wonderful?

2 comments:

Decky said...

Teach me english!

Dont you think god deserves way more than 7 promises ?

What about..

I will not worship any other god but him ,
I will not be ashamed of him ..

etc.etc.te

Chow Xin said...

Look carefully. It's all bottled up in the promises!