Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chicken Rice Balls

Hello, readers. I'm so sorry to just jump off the blogging for sometime. It's a whole long story. Partly, I got myself squeezed into an Avanza with eight passengers, and travelled a few kilometers to Malacca for a little holiday.

When I was at Malacca with my family, we were introduced to the famous chicken rice balls at Jonker Street. They taste like chicken rice, but are curled up into balls. From the Chicken Rice Ball shop's website, I found out that the recipe is Hainanese (Like me!) and that the kampung chickens they use are wild, they run around, high on their knees! (Well, chickens don't have knees, but the Bukit Mertajam ones run around alot.)

When I entered the restaurant, I had a chance to see the rice ball machine. It was quite interesting to watch the rice running through it, and coming out spherical. The machine was penned with a glass fence, probably to keep disturbance away from the man cycling the man-powered turbos.

The fragrance of the rice balls are still stored on my tongue. Not that I never brushed my teeth, but that it tasted so good. When you bite into a rice ball, you can feel the wholesomeness of it filling up your taste buds and nasal cavity. It's so good you could it eat on its own!

To keep the reputation of their well-kown dish, Famosa Restaurant has their francise all over the state. They are placed in Jonker Street, Jalan Bendahara, Jaya Jusco and Mahkota Parade Shopping complex (1st floor), and Tesco Hypermart.

Bon Appetite!


1 comment:

Decky said...

chicken rice balls ! me likey !